What is the OTF?
The Oita Text Forum was founded in August 2009 by 5 scholars in Japan and China. The goals of the OTF are to:
• Provide an open forum where researchers from different disciplinary backgrounds can exchange information and share knowledge of how texts are produced and structured, and;
• Elucidate the process of text generation from social or cognitive or socio-cognitive perspectives.
The OTF defines text as any form of structured semiotic entity, and includes:
• linguistic texts, whether written or spoken
• paintings, sculptures, and any form of art
• dance, etc.
• any combination of these semiotic modes
- For more details, please contact Keizo Nanri..